Monday, April 26, 2010

Half Marathon

Buddy and I have been training to run a half marathon and we did it! We ran in the La Jolla half marathon. It was such a great experience and I am so glad that I got to run it with Buddy. It was such an amazing feeling accomplishing something that hard with your husband right by your side. I think it is something everyone should do! We had a blast. I'm not so sure why we choose the La Jolla race as our first since it is the hardest race you can do in San Diego. It seemed to be all up hill. When it wasn't up hill it was straight down. I didn't know 13.1 miles could be so hard and have so many straight up hills! Thanks for running with me babe I couldn't have done it without you by my side and I cant wait for the next one!

After the race with our medals!

8 comments:

Van Cott Family said...

Way to go! When Dave and I do that we should do it all together! Just think last nov, you were intimidated by the turkey trot ha, shows what a tough chick you are!

--Julie

Strider & Jana said...

That's awesome Sara! Running a race like that can be so rewarding... especially running it with your husband. I only ran a 10k a while back, but I was amazed to see the strength that can come from a race and not only the physical, but the emotional strength as well. Way to go!

Adam and Jess said...

When I heard that you signed up for the race, the DAY BEFORE it happened I was impressed that you were that prepared to run it. My goal is a half that is in Sept here. I know you are in AZ, but when you get back I'd love to chat with you about advice and how it all went. What an accomplishment and you look great too!

MarjAnn said...

Cool- I am so very impressed. How do you find time to train with the kids?

Jess said...

So awesome!!! Inspiring!

doodlebug said...

Way to go you two!! I'm proud of you both!

Michelle Connolly said...

Awesome!

Karina said...

Wow, I am so proud of you both! I keep telling Adam that I will run a Marathon if he's game....but I can't convince him. Maybe Buddy can .. :)